ONLYLYON Convention and Exhibition Bureau missions
Impartial and free of charge, the Lyon Convention Bureau helps event organizers to plan their project from its inception phase through to completion.
The team provides support and guidance for those looking to host an event in Lyon, large or small, they perform feasibility studies and local call for tenders, organize site inspections, build comprehensive bids,
put organizers in touch with local authorities and assist in obtaining city support.
Further information: events.lyon-france.com
The Welcome scheme
In close relationship with Métropole de Lyon and business tourism partners, ONLYLYON Tourism and Conventions has developed a welcoming plan for large scale events that is unequalled in Europe.
This plan has been built around three main areas of concern:
- Making it easier to use public transport and to gain access to sites hosting events thanks to the presence in main stations and at the airport of reception counters sporting the colours of the event.
- Providing a warm welcome by installing a tourist information centre in event sites, and a more personal welcome in main hotels in the city.
- Making sure visitors feel important by laying down a “red carpet” in Lyon Part-Dieu train station, and implementing welcoming poster campaigns throughout the city.
The Business Collector guide
Dedicated to congress participants and trade show visitors, the Business Collector guide offers an overview of essential things to do in Lyon, to allow business visitors to discover the city during their business trips. This guide can also be customized to sport the colours of the event.
ONLYLYON Conventions Bureau aid
In addition to the Welcome scheme and the Business Collector guide, other forms of support are also available to event organizers:
- The Hotel Charter helps to standardize the hotel offer.
- Access to free image library and videos for destination and event promotion.
- The Lyon City Card allowing easy city discovery.